Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hotsprings



Today I went to the local hot springs with the other kids in my school. Every afternoon from 1:30 to 5:30 we study in separate rooms with your teachers. Throughout the week the school organizes a few local outings for the students. The hot springs were a major let down. There were two options. The first only cost twenty limpiras ($1) and the second was 200 ($10). The first got you into the "pools" which were empty and access to the river where a water fall of EXTREMELY hot water meets up with the cold river. The second and more expensive option let you up a little higher into the mountains where it was more spa like. Most of us chose the cheaper option and had a heck of a time trying to feel comfortable. It was either MUCH too hot or MUCH too cold, we tried in vain to make a decent wall with the rocks so as to get a good combination of hot and cold in the pool where we sat but none of us had much luck.
I'm really enjoying being in school four hours a day for the most part. My teacher and I were really playful today making jocks and playing around in Spanish. I asked her how much she makes an hour, 36.80 limps! That’s about $1.50. I'm paying the school about $6 an hour. It really reminded me of what different worlds and countries we come from.

No comments: