Friday, August 15, 2008

heartfelt thanks

I'm back! And so my journey continues.....After several months here in Vancouver I am ready to go (literally ten minutes ago). Everything has been done and I get a few days to relax and finish my medical terminology list with 223 definitions that I've had to define...talk about time consuming! I've read my ten required books and written the ten required book reports and am ready to rock'n'roll in my little green Toyota Tercel nick named La Tortuga (the turtle).

On Monday I'm heading up to Vernon and mom's coming! From there I head onwards (with my spiffy GPS device my grandparents gave me) to spend a few days with Kate in Nelson and then onto Spokane where I will meet up with Jessica. I found Jessica through the mutual class list for all the girls that are starting at MLL this fall. We've been emailing back and forth and have clicked. I'm really happy to have somebody to do the drive down with and share the excitement of this oh so exciting and yet overwhelming adventure....

I'd like to send out a thanks to all the people that have helped me get ready and been such amazing supports. To Heather (mom) and Greg (dad) for housing me, hugging me, helping me buy my first car and get it ready for the road, for encouraging me and dragging me away from the books when I needed it the most. To Susan (grandma) for buying me my long awaited scrubs and Denis (grumpa) for helping me in all my financial aspects not to mention all the love, support and encouragement that they have offered. To the amazing Kim and David who have helped me out so many times including helping me buy computer so ya'all (practicing my Texan accent) can follow along on my journey! To Connie who helped me map out my road trip and bought me a beautiful stethoscope to listen to all those baby's and mamas heartbeats. Thanks to Rick for giving me a big financial boost right when I needed it the most. Thanks to Shamir and Surrinder for providing me with a room and haven over the summer and to Gail (my second mama) for helping me get in touch with all the things that I had forgotten.

The support that I have received from everybody and from so many different directions has been truly overwhelming and I don't even know how to begin thanking all of you...


My car mascot provided by my great aunt Sandy!

No comments: