Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Orphanage in Antigua


I arrived in Antigua two days ago to spend some time with my parents before they head to California and then home. Mom and pa made a connection with an American woman who has been living here in Antigua for the past 14 years. She runs an orphanage and does international adoptions. This morning mom and I decided to head over to the orphanage to spend some time with the babies. The building and compound was beautiful with a sufficient amount of staff members caring for the infants. There was more then 30 babies that the staff were in charge of. Mom and I spent the whole morning rocking and playing with the babies, it was tiring but fun!

2 comments:

Heather A. Knox said...

hey Meg!
How wonderful that was to spend time with you in Antigua. I am so glad we went and held those babies on our last day there. What a sweet memory that we can share forever... and SO sad to say goodbye to you on Wednesday night! We are now safely in California as you know... love mom xoxo

Danielle's JAZD Life said...

Is this in Antigua and Barbuda? I can't tell from the photos. I will be going to Antigua and Barbuda for missions work and was looking for an orphanage to help out at and perhaps adopt from!