Friday, January 11, 2008

Finding Centre


Some days the freedom I have created for myself is wild, beautiful and addictive. The ability to be so transient, to choose the next step, the next place to go with few inklings of responsibility. Its thrilling, to feel ungrounded or pulled in any direction. The freedom to recreate myself over and over again in each place I come to. Other days I feel as though I have to cling to something, anything familiar or else I shall be swept away. I've cut ties from home. A trunk of stuff, a cat and the love of friends seems to be the only thing that would bring me back to my old life. No job, no school, I could just keep going. Some days I relish not having a sanctuary and some days it scares the hell out of me. Some days I feel as if there really is no solid ground beneath my feet. Its taught me to settle into myself, find peace and place of home deep within my belly as apposed to looking for it in something external, a person, a place or a thing.

1 comment:

Connie K said...

Meg,

It sounds like you are becoming very comfortable with who you are. You are defining and refining your identity. You are growing, maturing, and discovering that no matter where you are or what you do, you are "you."

While you have few physical ties, in terms of material things and where you are physically, always remember that you will always have ties of love connecting you to your family and friends - those who desire the very best for you, and who think of you and pray for you every day.

Love, Connie