Friday, September 5, 2008

Placenta

Last night I had my first clinical shift (just 3 hours) and was able to examine a placenta. Holding something that I have been reading about and studying for such a long time not to mention something that creates life felt pretty emotional. My moment was interrupted by another student jumping in and I felt a bit shaken. Later at home when I told Jessica I started to cry over my "interrupted" moment and then started to laugh realizing I really must be an MLL Midwife if I get so excited over a placenta and tired and emotional enough that it evokes tears!

1 comment:

Heather Alicia said...

hey dear sweet girl, I'm very excited for you as you embark on this incredible journey to midwiferyhood. It must be quite a roller coaster ride of excitement, firsts, settling in, books, new vocabulary, etc. etc. I'm with you every step of the way! Mom xoxo