Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My mom and Greg arrived here in Copan two days ago. Its been so much fun hanging out with them and visiting friends that they made here two years ago. Today we went to the mayan ruins which Copan is famous for. They were so beautiful, the land around them so green and well kept. I was really struck with a sense of tranquility and silent peace while exploring.


There was a massive tree and we decided to take a picture of me underneath. After sitting for the photo I felt something bite and jumped up to see I was sitting on an ant hill!! I turned around to see my bum was COVERED in them, my mom just screamed and jumped around and Greg kept saying help her! Mom and I ran around behind the tree and up into the forest so we could try and get them out from inside my pants!! It took a good ten minutes and I have been left covered with red bites all over my back and lower bum...ouch.

No comments: